Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remaster From HD Install

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    Remaster From HD Install

    I now have a Knoppix hd installation which I have tweaked to my liking. I installed and uninstalled software,changed the looks,etc.
    What should I do in order to make a knoppix live cd from my hd installation?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    48
    mkisofs that partition then compressloop the iso file

    for more info read remastering and/or morphix forum
    old posts are quite good

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by wangji
    mkisofs that partition then compressloop the iso file

    for more info read remastering and/or morphix forum
    old posts are quite good
    I do have an idea since I already have done successful remasters before. What I want to know are:
    1. how to make a new boot.img file(see related post).
    2.should I transfer the whole root partition for remasterring and making iso?
    3.if so what is the maximum size of the partition in order to woirk as a single cd iso?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    48

    remaster a partition

    bongski55 wrote
    1. how to make a new boot.img file(see related post).
    2.should I transfer the whole root partition for remasterring and making iso?
    3.if so what is the maximum size of the partition in order to woirk as a single cd iso?
    sorry to be short.
    mount -o loop boot.img /your_mount_point ;look at syslinux.cfg
    modify add what you like to modify it/

    Once you have a partition working as you like,my simplest way is to boot
    from a cd_knoppix into textmode then make iso of your partition,then compress.This way you don't have to transfer anywhere (save disk space).
    You don't have to care about the partition size,since it only "iso" the
    stored file structure,not the empty space of the partition..Just care about at the end to have final iso below 725Mb for 700Mb_cd
    hope it helps[/quote]

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    sorry to be short.
    mount -o loop boot.img /your_mount_point ;look at syslinux.cfg
    modify add what you like to modify it/
    It is not that simple. You have to put in the new vmlinuz file and a modified miniroot.gz.
    The miniroot is the most difficult part.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    Re: Remaster From HD Install

    Quote Originally Posted by bongski55
    I now have a Knoppix hd installation which I have tweaked to my liking. I installed and uninstalled software,changed the looks,etc.
    What should I do in order to make a knoppix live cd from my hd installation?
    help me how to remove the error for mkisofs

    "out of memory:killed process 1173
    terminated"

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Is there a simple way to do this, some step-by-step HOWTO somewhere?

    I can't find it anywhere....

    TIA,

Similar Threads

  1. Remaster from HD Install How-To: Comments Please
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
  2. Remaster from hd install
    By slackey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 03:36 AM
  3. Remaster from HD install
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 05:29 AM
  4. Can remaster, but not install the result to the HD...
    By stuart_b in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:38 AM
  5. How can I install KDE 3.1.4 into my remaster with KDE 3.1.2
    By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



SAMSUNG  Smart Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Trio 500 Multi Pairing picture

SAMSUNG Smart Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard Trio 500 Multi Pairing

$40.00