already done. need to remaster andhavent gotten around to doing it. I can ftp the file up to you if you want to remasterOriginally Posted by nin_inigma
Any clues on how to put a functioning dod server on?
already done. need to remaster andhavent gotten around to doing it. I can ftp the file up to you if you want to remasterOriginally Posted by nin_inigma
I have remastered Knoppix (Model_K) with integrated Halflife ded Server.
I made this for my friends which do not know much about Linux.
So I set it up to be easy to use (Samba, ssh)
and easy to install, (knx-install) to give an old comptuer a new live as HLDS. The remaster is ready to take any other HL mod with available Linux server, like CS, DOD, NS and so on.
Let me know if interested.
DaFlo
Are there any special hardware requirements for HL?
I tried to get MORPHIXgame working with unreal tournament. I was braking my head trying to reconfigure everything when it didn't work. Then I found out it was because unreal was designed to work only with hardware accelerated graphics cards from nvidia....
TIA,
As far as i know HL runs too in software rendering, acceptable.
But wine is nessesary for a client under Linux. (and a full copy of the game)
I'm interested by your knoppix hl serverOriginally Posted by Prophet
mail me at : [email protected]
It's me, the guy who started this thread and mod. I haven't really done much on the Mod. I tried to get it to work as an add-on to Morphix, but couldn't get it to work. I have answered a few emails from people, but that's about it. I am glad to see that this thread sparked some work by others.
I would like to do some more stuff on this mod, specifically putting a light-gui on it and including the client (Windows and Linux), I just haven't gotten around to it. I got a house, and had to get my whole network set up, etc. Got a new puppy too, so that takes up a lot of my free time keeping him occupied.
To answer a question someone had about "Why no client?" on the original mod CD, I wanted a server and the most maps possible. I was working off of a text-only based distro, so there was no GUI to worry about configuring. Since I made this mod, Knoppix has freaking taken off! Morphix took off too, I am kind of sad I didn't get the Quake mod working for that, I could have been the first working add-on mod. :-(
Oh well, hopefully I have given some people something to have fun with in this mod CD. Maybe someday I'll dig back in and get it updated.
If anyone wants to host this ISO, feel free, just give a link and credit where it is due. My poor little server at home on my DSL line can take a beating when someone else discovers KnoppixQuake and decides to download it. :-) If you want to drop me a line, go to http://knoppixquake.webhop.net
KnoppixQuake
Hey all.
Per a user request, I hacked together a way you can play Shaka Custom TF with my CD. You only have to download one more file, and use it with the CD. It contains some replacement files for Custom TF.
And no, you don't have to remaster the CD. I found out an interesting way that you can modify the cfg files as a result of hacking this together. If you have > 150M of memory available, you can copy everything to the ramdisk and edit away.
Boot the CD
cp -a /KNOPPIX/quake /tmp
cd /tmp/quake
Now you can run the server from here, and edit the cfg files too.
If you want to run the Custom TF server, just download knoppixquake.shaka.tgz from my website, tar -zxvf it in /tmp/quake, and go from there.
Oh, if you have < 150M, you can probably still do this, by not copying all of the maps, to tmp, and only copying the ones you want to play. That should save some space.
It's all in the README too, at http://knoppixquake.webhop.net/
I try to make a versione of Knoppix to lanch a Counter-strike (version 1.6 steam) server with a script. When I do it I post the link.
If I remember correctly, MorphixGame 0.35 had Quake III Team Fortress that had client and server as one. Can you do something like that with KNOPPIX?
TIA,

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00