-
How to start the server
After the CD boots up, you cd into the quake directory. There is a readme in there for more info if you aren't familiar with all of the commands in the server.cfg file.
At boot time you should get assigned an IP address via DHCP. I don't have it display the IP on boot, I should probably do that in the future. You can use the command `ifconfig` to find out your IP address. On the client machine, just type in "connect <ip address>" into the console.
To start the server, cd to /quake (softlink to knoppix/quake/) and type "./startquake" for the quick method, or "cat startquake" to see what it is doing. You should give it the "+gamedir fortress" option to point it to the correct directory where all the maps and stuff are stored.
I tried to put enough info in the readme to answer most questions. I have been thinking about setting up a CD with other game servers, but I have to make sure not to run into any licensing issues. Also, I still play the original Quake Team Fortress, I don't even play Quake II, III, etc.
My DSL connection is getting switched over to my house, so that is why you can't connect to the webpage and get the ISO images right now. It should be active on Feb 3rd though.
Similar Threads
-
By listman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By Lemming in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By cgmckeever in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:46 AM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 01:16 AM
-
By vasudevram in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch
$89.99