hey alex, i have been in contact with Knoppixquake also for the same. The HL/CS/DOD servers are pretty easy to run. There is no installation required. All you have to do is extract the files to a specified directory and give execution access to the 4-5 shell scripts that execute the server (i have tested these thoroughly). The beauty is that since each server listens on a separate port, it is possible through "nohup" to host up to 4 simultaneous ded servers on the machine (memory/cpu/bandwidth permitting)
please let me know where i can upload these files. my id on hotmail and Yahoo is : bloodmire . Mail me at yahoo with the details.

Bottom line is that the tarball.Z file is 480MB in size, so you will have to use the mini version (probably command line only) to customize morphix .

Either way, let me know where I can post the tarball .

Note that I have already finished off Q2, Q3 (still have to add Urban Terror and OSP). But I wont be releasing these because they use the base pak files from the original CD. Obviously this means that its in violation of the licensing agreement to distribute these freely (unless we distribute the server and make ppl copy the required files after installtion).

I will be working on a UT2k3 version of the ded server if time permits this week.
Any requests for ded servers? Let me know. I'm sure I can work with Knoppixquake and Alextreme to help release stuff for gaming / lan parties.

Also, im not sure what the WineX licensing is for redistribution, but I think you can download the source code and compile it for distro. If thats possible, it would be great to allow users to run winblow$ games on their Linux box