-
I am working on the client version.
I always thought the hard part was getting the server running, so that is what I tackled first. To be honest, the Linux Quake client isn't that great IMO. Also, this CD boots into text mode, there is no Xwindows on it. Therefore, having the Linux client on there wouldn't be very helpful.
What I am trying to do now is to have the CD boot up running an ftp server and contain the Windows and Linux clients. Then you could boot up one server and have everyone download the clients from it. You don't even really need to "install" the client on Windows, you can just unzip it to a directory and play it from there. But I understand that it is more obtrusive than booting and running it from a CD.
Mabye I'll add Xwindows back in so that you could use the same CD for everyone. But then you would be limited to using the Linux client, which I don't really care for.
I am also checking into what other servers/clients could be included on the CD. If anyone has any good suggestions (and tarballs of working servers would be helpful) just drop me a line: [email protected]
Similar Threads
-
By listman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By Lemming in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By cgmckeever in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:46 AM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 01:16 AM
-
By vasudevram in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco UCS-ML-X64G4T-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0EM000938135908A4
$1495.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco UCS-ML-Y64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0RB900093151D7AA3
$1495.00

Cisco UCS-ML-Y64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0R8000009151D9D11
$1495.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco UCS-ML-X64G4RT-H 64GB DDR4-2933 LRDIMM SN K0R8000009151D7AA1
$1495.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00