use the nodhcp kernel option when you boot,
knoppix dma alsa wheelmouse lang=en nodhcp.
That will fix your problem.
Have fun.
Hi,
I want knoppix to boot to a console, then use it for my gateway/firewall/router.
I wrote a little script to configure eth0 and eth1 and start shorewall:
ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.1 up
ifconfig eth0 66.666.66.666 broadcast 66.666.66.255 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
route add -net 66.666.66.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0
route add default gw 66.666.66.1 netmask 0.0.0.0 dev eth0
#set /etc/default/shorewall to "1"
cp /mnt/floppy/shorewall /etc/default/shorewall
mount --bind /mnt/floppy/shore /etc/shorewall
shorewall start
Here's my problem: After a certain amount of time, knoppix decides to look for a DHCP server (which I have) and get an IP address from there for eth1 (local). This, of course, completely ruins it's effectiveness as a router for my LAN.
How do I prevent it from looking for a DHCP server and getting a new local IP address. The external side (eth0) seems to be ok, since I have a static IP from my ISP.
can someone tell me what I'm not doing here?
Thanks,
john
use the nodhcp kernel option when you boot,
knoppix dma alsa wheelmouse lang=en nodhcp.
That will fix your problem.
Have fun.
Oh and by the way if you really want to be certain that this doesn't happen ever, just remaster the image but apt-get remove pump before you do.
Enjoy
well, if i had the disk-space (and more importantly the time), I'd remaster it with my samba settings, shorewall configured, network settings, etc all good to go on boot.Originally Posted by ignuu2
i could do a lot of things if i had the time.
thanks for the help. i missed that boot option. or rather didn't think to look there for it.
--john

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99