-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: ttyS0 seems to be held by brltty
--If you want to stop brltty from starting permanently. you have a couple of options.
o mkdir /etc/rcS.d/disabled; Go into /etc/rcS.d and mv the S??brltty symlink to the disabled dir
o mv S??brltty ss??brltty (my method)
o apt-get remove --purge brltty

Originally Posted by
locutus
I've recently migrated from RH to Debian/Knoppix and I always run a server reading weather info from my weather station on /dev/ttyS0. Since my migration to Debian/Knoppix, that stopped working and I found out it's because the ttyS0 port as getting used by the brltty server. It's started in rcS.d.
when I ran /etc/init.d/brltty stop it still wouldn't stop so it had to be killed with "killall brltty"
Anyway, I thought this might be of interest to anybody expecting to use ttyS0.
I've not checked if this is related only to a Knoppix/hdd_install or if it does this from CDROM. I'm running from a knoppix_installer installation( v3.2 7/26/03 ).
cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00