Should not be any problem, if the Kernel is compiled 386 - will boot from 386 UP !
Hardware Detection will Detect the new Motherboard.
![]()
Hi all...
I just ordered me a new mobo and memory... it should arrive in next 2/3 days..
Anyway, my question is... what can I expect Knoppix/Debian to do on first boot? (Hard-drive installation BTW). Is it gonna throw a wobbly and not boot? Anyone got any experience here to share please.... and if so, what steps should I be taking to get it all up and running nicely, as I have too much stuff I don't want to lose
Thanks in advance, Mike.
Should not be any problem, if the Kernel is compiled 386 - will boot from 386 UP !
Hardware Detection will Detect the new Motherboard.
![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00