-
f-prot remaster
I am currently working on a re-master for techs that support Windows called Medix. I am trying to install f-protect to its default directory (/usr/local) so that it will play nicely with xfprotect (the gui front end). My problem is that I can't seem to find a way to install f-prot to the default directory, but have it pull it's definitions from /home/knoppix/*. I have read through the man pages and html docs for "f-prot" and "check-updates.pl" and scoured the net for some sort of clue.
I have found lots of ways to install and run it from the live cd, and several references to people who have got it working on remasters or who are currently in the process of working on it, but no real leads on whatever it is that I am missing.
I have vi'd the install script for f-prot and the only thing that looks promising is modifying the source directory, but examination of the script leads me to believe that this would also modify the install directory. Am I wrong?
Is there any way to get my /home/knoppix directory from the chrooted hdd environment into the compressed image so that it is carried over at boot from the CD? That seems unlikely to me.
If I am missing something obvious feel free to lambaste me, its 3 AM here and I have been trying to work around this for more hours and CD's than I care to count.
any help would be appreciated
-
This may be a dumb suggestion but couldn't you just delete the default folder and sym-link it to whereever you wanna put your files? You could even have the symlink created at boot using rc5.d or something like that so you won't have to worry about what comes from where when you master the image.
Good luck.
-
Thanks for the reply, I have decided to go with Clam AV instead. It allows me to specify where I want the virus defs downloaded to and where I am going to pick them up from using CLI switches, better EULA too since it is GPL. It has worked perfectly in testing so far.
Now if I could just get dosemu straigtened out I would be golden.
-
Senior Member
registered user
apex_predator,
Let us know when you get this finished up. Sounds like a nice project.
-
Have a look at L.A.S. (http://localareasecurity.com) the latest version has ClamAV and you can run 'freshclams' to update. From what I read they also have alot of cisco tools on the latest that I use alot. I like that it runs on a miniCD too.
-
My remaster (Medix) also allows for freshclam update, in fact it is the preferred method and runs from a single click on a desktop shortcut (the disk is for Windows techs).
My remaster is currently in beta testing with about 30 technicians world wide. Version 0.1 (public release) will include a user interface based on advanced shell scripting. (much like the install interface for slackware, or, for those that remember, all distros 4 years ago)
not slagging LAS, I cant wait to try it out, just has a different target than my release.
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM
-
By rockmead76 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 08:48 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By Sgeo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T54W Prime Business IP Phone VoIP Color Display New
$129.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99