-
Newbie cant Use PCMCIA (LAN) on Toshiba Satelite
Hello. I am a newbie. I installed Knoppix 3.2 (v.07.25-de) on my Notebook Toshiba Satelite 4100XCDT on HD. I enjoy it verry much. By and large all works fine. But there is one important Question/Problem:
How can I use (install) my PCMCIA (LAN)?
It is a CNet, Single Point 16 bit. The Notebook gots a simple i82365 PCMCIA Controller. In Bios I suppose the option "PCIC Compatible" is the right on.
I can`t find a special Driver from CNet.
Did I have to compile the Core?
On other Notebooks like myne It works with SUSE:
http://homepages.compuserve.de/hbuen...a_sat4080.html
In my german Book of "Debian Linux Guide" it is written to use "dbootstrap" while installing (?).
Question: Can I use ist also after Installing on HD? Where is dbootstrap and how can I start it?
Moreover there is something described with:
"... or use manually insmod and rmmod...." WHATs THAT?
My aim for the short next time beeing in Internet without MS. I have to go out over my Router (DHCP).
Wat should I do? Compile or use a tool? (Or something else?)
THX for help. -Greets, mike
Similar Threads
-
By Zymous in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
-
By tomdelarosa in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By babawillis in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
-
By jeeves in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

6TB Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4 ST6000NM0024
$70.00

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99