-
Andrew,
Thanks for the post. I'd forgotten I'd left the ? hanging.
I've not been idle in the mean time so I thought it only fair to bring this post up to date with my learning experience.
It seems that Knoppix hides the PCMCIA setup under the power supply icon on the bar. If you right click on it, it'll give you the option of starting the PCMCIA function. Once this is done all you need to do is click on the Knoppix icon on the same bar and choose the network option which then allows manual setup of ip, gateway, dhcp, dns etc.
This seems entirely reasonable for a laptop which may fluctuate between different networks but I must say I'm interested to know how this can be achieved automatically on start - my current research project.
Best.
John
Similar Threads
-
By Zymous in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
-
By tomdelarosa in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By babawillis in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
-
By jeeves in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Crucial Pro 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 UDIMM Intel XMP MPN
$399.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Kit 2x8GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666 RAM CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
$74.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz 288-Pin DIMM CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
$70.00

128 gb ddr4 ram 3200 mhz (32x4)-Sold after switching my motherboard
$1000.00

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin DESKTOP PC RAM Memory
$250.00