Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: No sound in KDE with Sony Vaio PCG-818

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    No sound in KDE with Sony Vaio PCG-818

    I'm having some issues getting sound to work with my Sony Vaio PCG-818 laptop. I've used this laptop with linux in the past, with no problems whatsoever, but that's been more than a few years ago.

    Sound works just fine if I log out of KDE and go to the console and just 'cat' a wav file to /dev/dsp. But I get no sound whatsoever in KDE. I have enabled the audioserver and have the volume turned to the max. I don't get any errors whatsoever from the audioserver, it just doesn't work.

    I can't figure out why it's not working....

  2. #2
    I got it to work....

Similar Threads

  1. Sony Vaio and Knoppix, Pls Help!
    By bengaskell in forum Laptops
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
  2. Sony Vaio PCG-R505EL
    By Stllgrowin in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:20 AM
  3. Sony Vaio VGN S150
    By tlewis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:29 AM
  4. Sony Vaio PCG-GRT816M
    By abnormal in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM
  5. Knoppix on Sony Vaio
    By bigrobot in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW / SEALED picture

Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW / SEALED

$500.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850 picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850

$16.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



20 X  New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack picture

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack

$299.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99