-
I have a similar problem with my laptop. I have Xircom PCMCIA network/Modem card. It worked fine with debian. The cardmanager recognises the card. But no network connection.
I modified my /etc/network/interfaces file as described.
e.g. auto eth0 etc.
When I type /etc/init.d/networking stop
it reports an error message with bootpc. I see that other people are having lots of problem with networking. When I was installing Knoppix to HD it reported an error with DHCP. It just could not find the PCMCIA network card.
BTW the networking did not work when I booted KNOPPIX from CD.
The same problem exists with HD install.
Similar Threads
-
By Zymous in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
-
By tomdelarosa in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By babawillis in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
-
By jeeves in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

Synology 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM 260-Pin D4ES03-16G
$1000.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$2649.00

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK
$99.99

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99