-
My learnings from a Toshiba TE2000
I managed to get some kind of PCMCIA services working on a Toshiba TE2000, here's what I had to do.
Boot with nopcmcia (otherwise it would hang) and noddc (to get a full 1024x768 XWindows), then I could experiment with PCMCIA at a useful prompt.
As root, doing "insmod pcmcia_core" worked, but following with "insmod i82365" would cause a hang. However, doing "insmod i82365 do_scan=0" would work. Follow that with "insmod ds" and "cardmgr" to get a pcmcia presence in "cat /proc/devices".
I put in a Cisco Aironet 350 card, and it detected it correctly, but I had further problems that I assume were un-related to the PCMCIA setup.
I've got my Knoppix install running from the hard-disk, so I edited the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig script to add the "do_scan=0" bit in the right place, then took out the nopcmcia from my lilo.conf, redid lilo, and it boots fine. Still have "noddc" though. 
This was easier tweaking than my previous attempts at a Linux install, so Knoppix does make like slightly easier!
Andrew Scott
Similar Threads
-
By Zymous in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
-
By tomdelarosa in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By babawillis in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
-
By jeeves in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99