-
Network Card not working !!!
I have an HP/Compaq nx9005 notebook with a built-in "National Semiconductor Corp. DP83815/816 10/100 MacPhyter PCI Adapter".
When I boot Knoppix 3.2-2003-07-26 with the syntax "knoppix lang=us" it boots up fine and everything is OK, except that although the NIC is detected it times out when I configure to use DHCP.
The only way I could get my notebook onto my LAN is to use a 3Com PCMCIA card which is automatically detected and then I configure to use DHCP, which works OK on the 3Com card.
Knoppix seems to detect both cards OK but only the 3Com will accept a DHCP reply, the built-in NIC times out.
Also I could be wrong but when I setup the built-in NIC to use DHCP I swear I see the light on my switch flash once very quickly when I click on the yes to use DHCP button.
I haven't a clue whats gone wrong but would love to be able to use my internal NIC on my notebook.
Laterz,
JamesX110......................................
Similar Threads
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By casterman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:36 AM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By antrod in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00