Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Tinkering

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    23

    Tinkering

    Hi all,
    I love to see how things go together. I just got a ISO called cool Linux, it's suppose to be a bootable CD based on Red Hat 7.5, like Knoppix OS is on Debian. I want to know how to get past autodect because it hangs when detecting my 2nd HD. Can I go in and tweak the install with knx-hdinstall or try ti upgrade the autodetect, the kernel I think is 2.2 and the linux build was April 2002. Any takers

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Sorry no info available on cool linux. You may by chance find someone who knows about cool linux here, but you'd probably get better help post this question on their forum or mailing list.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100
    Thats right.We really cant support other distros on this site but since we are in the lounge I have a couple of comments about installing the version you have to hard drive Dont waste your time.I only run Knoppix based Debian on my hard drives but I collect and rebuild live cd's as a hobby.I do ocationaly install others for testing on spare drives and spent many hours working on getting cool linyx 2.2 installed last winter only to find that after install it seemed like half the stuff no longer worked.From the cd it was excelent and has many of the lite apps that I normaly run like the rox filer and sylpheed.After install things like sylpheed,opera and many more were broke and thei was an error free install with a good md5 (and the stuff worked great live from cd).Plus I had many premission problems and standard red hat things like creating new accounts were borked.

    Now for some better news (maybe).There is a new version I am downloading now and I will be trying agian but not anytime soon as I'm busy with another project but heres the link : http://emergencycd2.sourceforge.net/index2.html It's 2.03rc1 made 8-24-03.

    Changelog http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/source...HANGES-2.3.TXT

    SF http://sourceforge.net/projects/emergencycd2/

    Freshmeat http://freshmeat.net/projects/coolli...6%2C152%2C1012

    The freshmeat used to have a very long help therad going but it seems to be removed.

    Why not try Knoppix and remaster it and build what you want (thats what I do) and just run the "other distros" live from cd. You will find quite a few to play with on my homepage here :
    http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-tech2k

    Good luck.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    23
    Hey Tech2K, thanks 4 the heads up. I like trying new things and I am new to Linux but have been a fast learn, I like to break stuff to see how it works, so thanks once again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM picture

SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM

$160.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99