-
new Knoppix version optimized for distant learning?
Hi. I have an old laptop 2 GB ram, T2500 CPU.
It was working fine with Win XP. But by no reason XP is no longer useful.
I used win 7. Unfortunately laptop went too slow.
Then I tried Knoppix 8.6. It worked with acceptable speed.
I had intention to use this laptop for distance education - for zoom, google meet, discord and ms teams.
I started with ms teams and what happened?
It seem that Microsoft actively prevents using windows software on linux.
For example ms teams web app did not start. There was many login errors, and after log in , there was ridiculous message: "we could not log you in". And when i try to log in again there was message: "you are already logged in".
I try to install ms teams for linux. Windows installer takes minutes to download , but linux package took 1 hour. So microsoft actively restricts download speed for linux packages.
In knoppix with .rpm there was error in synaptic package manager. With .deb there was message that package is for amd64 but knoppix is i386. It seems that knoppix start 64 bit kernel , but all other libraryes are still 32 bit. And that made using of ms teams impossible.
So i was unable to use knoppix for distant learning. I believe using of Knoppix for distant learning is possible, but unfortunately i have no necessary skills to make it by my self.
And i think it is good idea to make special knoppix distribution specialized and optimized for distant learning and conferencing.
So what do you think?
Thanks
Best regards.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96