Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: needed help for programs dependencies, thanks

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1

    needed help for programs dependencies, thanks

    Hi, I'm using knoppix ver 3.2 and I got some problems with the command apt-get; I would like to install some programs, ex Celestia, so I give the commend apt-get -f install celestia but the output is the following:


    root@Rigel:/home/kappe# apt-get -f install celestia
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done

    The following extra packages will be installed:
    gnome-bin gnome-libs-data gtkglarea5 libart2 libgnome32 libgnomesupport0
    libgnomeui32 libgnorba27 libgnorbagtk0 liborbit0

    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    abiword aumix-gtk bluefish celestia-common celestia-glut ethereal freeciv
    freeciv-client-gtk gaim gconf2 gksu gliv gnomemeeting gnumeric gpa gtkam
    jumpnbump libbonoboui2-0 libbonoboui2-common libgal2.0-2 libgconf2-4
    libglade2-0 libgnome2-0 libgnome2-common libgnomecanvas2-0
    libgnomeprintui2.2-0 libgnomeui-0 libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common
    libgsf-gnome-1 libgtk2.0-0 libgtk2.0-common libgtkglext1 libgtkspell0
    libgucharmap0 mozilla mozilla-browser mozilla-locale-de-at mozilla-mailnews
    mozilla-psm mozilla-xft mozilla-xmlterm nvtv python-glade2 python-gtk2
    python2.2-glade2 python2.2-gtk2 sndconfig sodipodi xchat
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    celestia gnome-bin gnome-libs-data gtkglarea5 libart2 libgnome32
    libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 libgnorba27 libgnorbagtk0 liborbit0
    0 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 50 to remove and 152 not upgraded.
    Need to get 12.4MB of archives. After unpacking 106MB will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

    Why should I delete so many packages to install only 11?
    And if I try to install a KDE app. like quanta or kolf, kmoon...the message is the following:

    Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
    quanta: Depends: kdelibs3 (>= 4:2.2.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: kdebase-libs but it is not going to be installed
    E: Sorry, broken packages

    What does it mean? Maybe cause I made an apt-get -f dist-upgrade before installing other applications that can't run under the new (developing I suppose) configuration?
    Sorry for the lenght, but I really don't know what have I to do.
    Any help would be very appreciated, thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    15
    Did you comment out any of the lines from your sources list? I did a hard drive install and commented out everything but the unstable lines and did a dist-upgrade and celestia installs fine for me. I think you may have caused some problems by dist-upgrading with multiple sources.

Similar Threads

  1. Programs needed for compiling
    By firebyrd10 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 04:48 PM
  2. Two really needed programs
    By miguipda in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 02:07 AM
  3. broken dependencies, apt did it! apt can't fix it!
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 06:45 AM
  4. kde: broken due to unsatisfied dependencies
    By publius in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 01:22 PM
  5. apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic
    By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00