-
Init script for LISa on boot
Yet another newbie for you all to sigh at 
I am new to nix in general. I am exploring knoppix at the moment and I am wondering how to get LISa running at boot.
I am using the live-cd v3.2 - I am a complete n00b at this so if someone could help me with detailed instructions it would be greatly appreciated.
I have setup LISa, I just need to know how to run at boot when using live-cd.
Cheers
-
Junior Member
registered user
Providing it's installed apt-get install rcconf this will let you set up your services to boot.
-
damn
that went straight over my head...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Open a terminal (it's the one that looks like a monitor on the task bar) switch to root (su root) type apt-get update when that has finished type apt-get install rcconf when done type rcconf in the terminal to launch the program use the arrow keys to navigate up and down and the space bar to select/deselect the options you want, tab to OK button and hit enter. Adding is alright but unless you know what a service does don't disable it as you could hose your box.
Similar Threads
-
By mkklavz in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
-
By foamrotreturns in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:48 AM
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By brian dorling in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:01 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08