I don't use this modem myself, but since questions come up about winmodems a lot on knoppix.net I thought I'd post about a new driver release that I saw on freshmeat.net for this modem.
Perhaps things will work better now for people who need this. Note that it is now being packaged as a deb as well.
Here is the homepage: http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/hsf/
I'm listing the Freshmeat info below.
About: This package contains generic Linux drivers for the Conexant (formerly Rockwell) Softmodem HSF modem family, which are used by many modem and computer system manufacturers. They should work on most current Linux distributions, based on the 2.4.x kernels. A Pentium processor with the MMX enhancements is required. Some systems may require kernel recompilation with special ACPI patches. Preemptible kernels are not yet supported.
Changes: A significant overhaul was done during the Spring and Summer of 2003, greatly improving modem stability, compatibility, and features. V.92, Caller ID, and FAX (Class 1/1.0) support were added. Support for 2.6 kernels was added. NVM/.inf handling was completely redesigned. Multiple device instances are now supported, which means that more than one modem can be handled by the driver. SMP support was improved, and preemptible kernels should now work. Debian support was improved, and .deb packaging was added (make debdist).

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08