Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: curl to be added

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    17

    curl to be added

    In short:

    I wish Knoppix included `curl`.

    At length ...

    Hi, I consciously chose not to search the archives here: either this idea is new else it is another vote for an old idea.

    I'm writing because I'm lost in the gui failing to retrieve:
    ftp://members.aol.com/plforth/console/fni/fniscsi2.zip

    For example:
    Information - Konqueror
    The file or directory /plforth/console/fni/fniscsi2.zip does not exist.

    Therefore I wish Knoppix included `curl`:

    "curl is a client to get documents/files from or send documents to a server, using any of the supported protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, GOPHER, DICT, TELNET, LDAP or FILE). The command is designed to work without user interaction or any kind of interactivity.

    "curl offers a busload of useful tricks like proxy support, user authentication, ftp upload, HTTP post, SSL (https connections, cookies, file transfer resume and more.

    Meanwhile I'm glad to find Knoppix includes an `ftp` smart enough to punch thru the firewall here ... `ftp members.aol.com` understood `user anonymous [email protected]` and soon thereafter fetched my zip for me.

    Pat LaVarre
    http://members.aol.com/plscsi/tools/knoppix/

    P.S. This is my first post here. Nowhere else on Earth have I found registration so quick & easy, thank you. And the Preview button instantly shows me how bracket-url-bracket etc. work.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    have you tried wget ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    17
    Excellent, thank you, I stand corrected: Knoppix gives me wget, and that is all I need, I do not need curl.

    Interestingly enough, back where I was using curl, man curl points to wget and to snarf, though the man wget there does not point to curl.

    Pat LaVarre

Similar Threads

  1. Added a directory in KNOPPIX
    By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
  2. Added HD, now devices are shifted - how to? (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 11:43 PM
  3. kernel timer added twice
    By mantorpcity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 07:08 PM
  4. Some things I have added
    By linuxfan in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:29 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59