Take a look at this post, which I found in the documents section here.
http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/
It has a section on burning to CD-R using Knoppix, that certainly looks clear (I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon).
This driving me a little crazy as I am new to Linux
I have an Aopen 52x24x52 speed burner with justlink and I can not seem to get it to write properly at speed under linux.
Any help would be appeciated
Thanks, Shane
Take a look at this post, which I found in the documents section here.
http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/
It has a section on burning to CD-R using Knoppix, that certainly looks clear (I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon).

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01