Unless I'm mistaken, the KnoppixCustomKernelHowTo addresses these issues:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...tomKernelHowto
cesman
Remasterred with new kernel.I now have a new knoppix file.I want to know how to create the boot.img file based on the new kernel. Also a new miniroot.gz to refrect new kernel(2.4.22)
Unless I'm mistaken, the KnoppixCustomKernelHowTo addresses these issues:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...tomKernelHowto
cesman
Right but that howto needs a liitle bit of detail. For instance the miniroot file which is 3mb. What am I going to modify there? And how to recompile the cloop.o module?Originally Posted by cesman
what you are going to modify depends on your need but most likley /linuxrc on that FS. If you don't have special needs, you don't need to modify anything. just copy cloop.o to /modules/cloop.o on that FS.
You have to recompile cloop for new kernel. Just download the cloop source package and follow the instructions.
I have a question for garyng:
can cloop.o be re-use to add another compressed volume besides the one on the CDROM?
it would help to switch between the CDROM and perhaps other compressed images on hard disk.
With cloop 1.x, yes. Klaus has kindly added this feature since 1.x.Originally Posted by tealeaf

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Dell Latitude 15.6â FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$352.73
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99