-
Senior Member
registered user
TURN THAT CR*P DOWN!!!!!! - KDE Volume control?
I know this is a dumb question, but I can't find any sort of volume control within KDE. In Windows, I mouseclick an icon in the system icon tray that looks like a speaker, and slide a slider, or click mute. How do I do this in KDE? Some apps and distributions start or end with a sound - what if you're working late at night and don't want to wake everyone else up?
On a related note, my HP computer has a keyboard with volume control buttons, but they don't work in Linux. Then it occurred to me that Linux probably doesn't have the foggiest idea what kind of keyboard I'm using, that it has volume control buttons, or how to interpret those strange commands from what it assumes to be an otherwise generic keyboard. I looked around KDE for some configuration utility to tell it that my keyboard has additional options, but I couldn't find anything.
All help gratefully appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By will103 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:36 PM
-
By redss in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:28 AM
-
By techdesk in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 09:35 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00