-
Junior Member
registered user
Micron TransPort XT
I just thought I'd post that as of Knoppix 2003-09-05, the distro seems to work quite well with my Micron TransPort XT laptop (P-III 850, 128 MB RAM).
It actually worked fairly well with previous releases, but this one works with sound. (Interestingly enough, prior to this, ClusterKnoppix was one of the very few linuxii that would automagically get sound working on that particular machine.)
I'll try and make it a point to test out all the as-yet-untested components and add more detail to my comments here later. This laptop features video out, IR, and all the usual suspects. I'll also try it out with a Cisco wireless PCMCIA NIC at the office just on general principle, but at this point I feel pretty solid about using Knoppix in the field with the laptop. (And *gods* is Knoppix handy in real world network troubleshooting, data recovery, etc.)
Similar Threads
-
By Smitty_ in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By duah55 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By UselessPython in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08