Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Samba help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Prototask
    Guest

    Samba help

    I am new to Knoppix, and I think Knoppix is great, I have been able to move the CD to my hard drive and using KPH 0.4 I can boot from a floppy and run Knoppix. Now I would like to use Samba to access my windows shares but when I use the following command,

    "mkdir tmp/share; sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator //otherbox/share /tmp/share"

    to mount my shares I get the message "unable to resolve mount point /tmp/share".

    What am I doing wrong? Please help.

  2. #2
    Schwarze
    Guest
    Hi Prototask!

    I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?

    Bye, Matthias

  3. #3
    Prototask
    Guest

    Samba Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarze
    Hi Prototask!

    I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?

    Bye, Matthias
    Thanks Schwarze, the obvious can make you look really stupid.

Similar Threads

  1. samba is gay
    By ghostblaze in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
  2. Samba and MTU
    By jimbo62 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
  3. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. how to use samba?
    By juan_sck in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
  5. Samba?
    By Tovi in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$1090.00



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00