I use Synaptic, seems to work better.
su
apt-get update
apt-get install synaptic
synaptic
Hi, I'm a new spanish user of knoppix. And I'm new in Linux too.
After see the living CD, I installed Knoppix into the hard disk.
I've been trying launch Xine program to see AVI videos, but, when I click the icon, the system starts working for a few seconds and then... nothing. I don't now why it happens, but I haved and idea... Reinstall this program. But, when I use KPackage and I try to uninstall this program (or install/uninstall any other program in the list, appears the next message "exec failed: No existe el fichero o el directorio" [in english: "exec failed: Don't exists file or directory"].
I tried to put a lot of things in the configure menu of the app (into APT Debian directory), but I do something wrong.
Please, can anyone help me?
Thanks.
PD: I'm always working as root.
I use Synaptic, seems to work better.
su
apt-get update
apt-get install synaptic
synaptic
I'm with Matt. Kpackage is fine for really simple programs, but Synaptic is a better tool all round.
As to Xine, have you tried (from the command line):
cd /to/where/my/avis/are/
xine something.avi
?
This is the problem. try working as non-root and kpackage would work. However, I prefer apt-get than any of these GUI/Menu interface. I use kpackage to check things like what files is included in a package or what dependency there is. Good for trouble shooting but too slow and cumbersome for actually install things.Originally Posted by JLJR

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00