Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How can I use KPACKAGE?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    How can I use KPACKAGE?

    Hi, I'm a new spanish user of knoppix. And I'm new in Linux too .

    After see the living CD, I installed Knoppix into the hard disk.

    I've been trying launch Xine program to see AVI videos, but, when I click the icon, the system starts working for a few seconds and then... nothing. I don't now why it happens, but I haved and idea... Reinstall this program. But, when I use KPackage and I try to uninstall this program (or install/uninstall any other program in the list, appears the next message "exec failed: No existe el fichero o el directorio" [in english: "exec failed: Don't exists file or directory"].

    I tried to put a lot of things in the configure menu of the app (into APT Debian directory), but I do something wrong.

    Please, can anyone help me?

    Thanks.

    PD: I'm always working as root.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    I use Synaptic, seems to work better.
    su
    apt-get update
    apt-get install synaptic
    synaptic

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    I'm with Matt. Kpackage is fine for really simple programs, but Synaptic is a better tool all round.

    As to Xine, have you tried (from the command line):

    cd /to/where/my/avis/are/

    xine something.avi

    ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872

    Re: How can I use KPACKAGE?

    Quote Originally Posted by JLJR
    PD: I'm always working as root.
    This is the problem. try working as non-root and kpackage would work. However, I prefer apt-get than any of these GUI/Menu interface. I use kpackage to check things like what files is included in a package or what dependency there is. Good for trouble shooting but too slow and cumbersome for actually install things.

Similar Threads

  1. KPackage-Update
    By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
  2. kpackage
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:07 PM
  3. KPackage
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:24 AM
  4. KPackage
    By WolfCub in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 07:08 AM
  5. Kpackage
    By Madcatz in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99