Hi, I've got nice idea - maybe.
As everyone knows, the kernel keeps in memory sth called disk buffers.
But If you have not enough memory - it shrinks. Even if you have swap.
In general it is good idea - swap is as fast as disk drive, so there'is no need to buffer sth with slow media. But Knoppix may advantage more If we allow to do so.
Why I'm talking about that - I've got terrible computer. It has small hdd, small ram, and what is worse, slow CDROM! Of course I use swap, so low memory is not a problem, but all will go faster when kernel can cache CDROM on swap.
Of course advantage is different for different machines, but adding such option to boot (probably it's not so complicated to do so) will help much, and should not hurt anyone.
I'm not so good at kernel programming - thats why I can not make it by own. Or maybe someone'd done that before?
Thx
Tomasz Mloduchowski

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99