Try removing common.dpkg-tmp not kenolaba.
It COULD be caused by bad data on the cd. Did you check the md5checksum on the iso after downloading? It happened me too often that I had a bad image downloaded (and sometimes I just found out after burning and (trying to) install).
Maybe you can use bittorrent, it checks its data. a downloaded bittorrent file is always ok, thats why I use it for big files... (on the anouncement-forumpage you can find a bittorrent-link)
Try removing common.dpkg-tmp not kenolaba.
I can't even touch or enter the kenolaba directory. Since the common--- folder is inside kenolaba, there's nothing I can do about it it seems.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
The ISO passed the MD5 check before i burned it. I'm not asking that, I'm asking if there are any flaws or reasons why the file copy would corrupt or produce a bad copy. As in no error checking or something like that. The CD is from January, and it's not scratched up. It of course has small scratches, but aren't CDs supposed to last at least a year?
if the md5 was ok, I guess there is just a very small chance the cd whould be corrupt. after a year, a cd should be readable. but it is possible you where just unlucky...
Well....IIRC I have never not been able to delete something before. I would do it like so:
sudo rm -rf /name/of/directory

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor
$28.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99