-
Okay, I edited /etc/locale.gen and commented out the ones i don't need. It said in the file I would need to run locale-gen, which I did, which surprisingly completed without error. Then I tried apt-get to get localepurge and it worked. Of course on the yes or no point, it said kde-i18n-de would be removed. Localepurge was supposed to clean off the locales I don't need. I went through with the program and then it went back to the shell and dpkg spit out the kde-i18n-de error again.
root@Harkonnen:~# apt-get install localepurge
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
kde-i18n-de
The following NEW packages will be installed:
localepurge
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 605 not upgraded.
2 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 24.1kB of archives. After unpacking 19.7MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 http://ftp2.de.debian.org testing/main localepurge 0.0.58 [24.1kB]
Fetched 24.1kB in 1s (19.6kB/s)
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 112084 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing kde-i18n-de ...
dpkg: error processing kde-i18n-de (--remove):
failed to rmdir/unlink `/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/de/kenolaba/common.dpkg-tmp': Permission denied
Errors were encountered while processing:
kde-i18n-de
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Additionally, I ran:
root@Harkonnen:~# dpkg --audit
The following packages are only half configured, probably due to problems
configuring them the first time. The configuration should be retried using
dpkg --configure <package> or the configure menu option in dselect:
locales GNU C Library: National Language (locale) data [support]
The following packages are only half installed, due to problems during
installation. The installation can probably be completed by retrying it;
the packages can be removed using dselect or dpkg --remove:
kde-i18n-de German i18n files for KDE
Now if I do an ls in /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/de/, kenolaba shows up, but strangely (as root no less) I cannot cd nor rmdir the kenolaba folder:
bash: cd: kenolaba: Permission denied
Is there some way I can exclude kde-i18n-de from apt-get? Issue a command or edit a file so that it doesn't care or mess with kde-i18n-de anymore?
Superstoned, I don't think my hard drive can take another install.
Similar Threads
-
By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 07:58 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By leecming in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 06:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD
$43.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD V-NAND MZ-77E500
$85.00