-
No "initrd" found in \boot for dual boot.
Hello all,
I have installed GRUB for dual booting with XP en Knoppix.
Now I have filled in the parameters in "menu.Ist" for booting Knoppix, but I get an error when this bootloader searches for "initrd", "No such file or directory"
When I boot Knoppix from floppy, I see that there is no "initrd" in the \boot directory.
When I search for this file I see it somewhere else on the partition, but it's 0KB, so copy this file has no effect.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
menu.Ist
title Linux
root (HD0,7)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz
Initrd /boot/initrd
Similar Threads
-
By aldend123 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 03:37 AM
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By softbomber in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working
$144.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested
$54.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Extended Keyboard II M3501 - Alps Switches - Tested Good
$67.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99