-
Junior Member
registered user
problems with knx-hdinstall
Hi all,
has anyone else had problems with this script? I did a verify on
my Knoppix 3.2 disc - bought from CheapBytes 'cause I have a modem
connection - and it verified fine. But the install script dies
during the copying of files (about 10% through). Several times I
tried. No luck.
So I have a ~4gig partition for Knoppix and a 300mb swap partition
defined. I tried copying the Knoppix installation to the /dev/hda2
partition (my 4 gig) and then editing the knx-hdinstall shell script
to run from my home directory rather than the CD. Darn difficult
for a beginning bash shell scripter I must say.
Got most of the way through but am hung up in the lilo.conf section.
My lilo.conf doesn't look quite right (way more minimalist than the
example) and it won't write to the MBR. Nor will it properly burn
a boot floppy (yet).
I'm about ready to give up and go back to installing Mandrake 9.1
but I thought maybe somebody would have an idea why the script
is dying on me (and a simple fix).
I've got a Sony PCG-505F laptop with external floppy and CDROM
drive. 20gig hard drive, Pentium 233Mhz chip. Boot using
knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmcia 'cause the Sony uses a very funky
PCMCIA external CDROM and this was the only way I could get it
to boot off the CD.
This install script is just killing me..
thanks much,
Stefan
ps. love Knoppix so far (running from CD). Just hope it is much
faster off the hard drive (I expect it will be).
Similar Threads
-
By germ240 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 10:55 PM
-
By ivansv in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 02:41 PM
-
By thadk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 04:25 AM
-
By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 05:50 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

HP Z800 Workstation x2 Intel Xeon E5630 8GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD/OS
$199.99