I'm interested in getting the 2.4.22 kernel, and while I'm at it, patching swsusp into it.
Will a regular kernel from kernel.org and the swsusp patch work with Knoppix? Or is there something 'special' for knoppix?
I'm interested in getting the 2.4.22 kernel, and while I'm at it, patching swsusp into it.
Will a regular kernel from kernel.org and the swsusp patch work with Knoppix? Or is there something 'special' for knoppix?
There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the 2.4.22 kernel. Just be sure to read one of the good Kernel HOWTO's that are available on the Net before you start.
$uname -a
Linux knoppix 2.4.22-swsusp_90303 #4 Wed Sep 3 18:39:06 CEST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux
YAY!!! Regular kernel from kernel.org installed.
Cool. Swsusp working then?Originally Posted by jdong
Adam
$ uname -a
Linux hp4325 2.4.22 #1 Fri Aug 29 08:03:50 CEST 2003 i686 mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Tasty, eh?
unfortunately..... no...Originally Posted by aay
SWSUSP 1.1rc8 (the only one that patches into the kernel successfully) hangs my system when it tries to suspend.... I'll wait for a stable release of swsusp for 2.4.22.... also, the ck1 patch freezes the system at shutdown.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510
$39.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$329.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99