-
Senior Member
registered user
Get your Knoppix 3.2 DVD here.
Yes it's true. You can buy your own Knoppix DVD (english verison) now. Each DVD is burned and booted by me personally w/ testcd to insure that you are getting a bootable DVD. This is Knoppix 3.2 with alot of additional software. ALOT!! About 4.4Gig's worth in fact. Yes..........it has Gnome too. It also has Fabians new installation script knoppix-installer that you've all come to know and love.
I have personally installed this DVD edition to my hdd, everything including apt-get is working fine.
Before you decide you'd like to flame me for being a capitalist pig (which I am) please realize that this is alot of work. I already have a job. It's just that so very many people have emailed about this DVD that I had to do this or throw the damned thing away! :P
The DVD is $20 shipping included through the USPS to most anywhere in the world (barring some unusual circumstances). There are two ways to pay: The slowest is a money order, the fastest is through PayPal.
Send an email to: [email protected] and I'll send you the details on how to go about getting your very own Knoppix DVD. Please indicate how you'll be paying, either with PayPal or money order. You can easily sign up for PayPal if you don't already have an account.
While I don't mind email to my personal account regarding Linux I absolutely don't want to see one more Knoppix DVD related email in said account. All DVD email must be sent to the above address or it will be deleted upon sight! No exceptions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
My question... Is the 4gb using cloop or is it all uncompressed?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi,
is the packages.txt list available somewhere for the KNOPPIX dvd?
-
Expect an email from me next week.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi All,
Hmmmmm where did I hear this:
I'm not afraid to dl a 1.5G image- no problems there BUT I don't have a DVD burner. I could go buy one........and be summarily executed by the wife on my return........or...hope that another avenue appears. (hint-hint).
I traveled 250 mile to a university to use a DVD burner, purchased DVD+R -- the wrong kind -- before getting my copy. But I love my DVD even if it the defective beta version. So I say that this is a bargain. But I think we should have some assurance that the matter in the above quote has been nicely resolved.
Here is a link to the original dvd packages. The link may not last
since it is to a download site. The dvd iso is not available for
download as far as I know.
ftp://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pu...ckages-dvd.txt
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
Senior Member
registered user
Either this DVD is based on an earlier beta, or a normal knoppix and just remastered to be really huge.
The error with the DVD files, was due to the cloop not working above 4gb ( 32bits ). This was fixed in version 1.0 of cloop, and in Knoppix version 2003-07-24 : http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3797
If this remaster is based on the DVD beta, then the cloop modules and tools will need to be replaced.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Beta2
Cloop version 0.68
Kernel 2.4.21-xfs
-
Senior Member
registered user
Dear Sirs,
I ordered and I have on my hands the original Knoppix DVD version. My question is: this version that I have have the "cloop not working above 4gb" problem or not ??? Is it any way to test it by myself ???
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
-
dvd image to download?
hy
is the knoppix dvd only to buy or is it possible do download an iso or image?
-
Hi!
I am very sad, that there is no vpn client on the dvd version either...
i was disappointed, besause i needed one when i used the normal version, but i counldn't install it...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Lot (2) Yealink SIP-T46U 16-Line Gigabit IP Phone VoIP Desk Speakerphone
$119.49

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07