-
Junior Member
registered user
Using Grub in multi-OS with /boot partition
I have just finished installing Knoppix over Mandrake.
The system looks like this
/dev/hda1 - Win98
/dev/hda2 - /boot
/dev/hda3 - /
/dev/hda4 - swap
Knoppix 2003-09-24-EN
I wanted to use GRUB since I understand that the default LILO would not allow me to use Win98.
I followed directions in knx-hdinstall but at the question about installing LILO, I said NO.
I created a boot floppy.
The instructions that have been generously provided by many people only seem to show how to get GRUB installed when you have the boot files on the Knoppix root partition. In my case, I want GRUB in the /boot partition. And have GRUB in the mbr.
Could someone direct me to some instructions on how to do this? I am reading the GRUB docs, but I'm getting more confused.
When I boot the system, I come to the GRUB (from previously installed Mandrake 9.1). I think that I need to change the grub.config file to direct the Linux entry to Knoppix. Not sure what I should add / change to the config file when I find it. I'm not sure if I need to add or copy some files from the / partition to /boot either.
Could someone provide me with a bit of direction?
Thank you in advance
Similar Threads
-
By weirdjd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By nrj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:41 AM
-
By tautges in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:22 PM
-
By Ross Clement in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

SHORETEL Lot 5x IP 212K Voip IP212K Black Display Phone Refurbdd Warranty
$799.00

SHORETEL Lot 10x IP 212K Voip IP212K Black Display Phone Refurbd Warranty
$1699.00

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28