-
Writing to hard drive
Is there any way to configure knoppix to allow writing to the hard drive (FAT 32)?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Right click on the hard drive icon on your desktop. You should see an option that says something like "Change write options" or something like that. Click it and then you will be able to write to it. This will work fine just so long as you don't try to write to an ntfs partition. Writing to fat is fine.
-
Senior Member
registered user
But don't forget, you have to mount the partition first! (Same method - right-click on it, select "mount" from the context menu.) You can tell a partition is mounted when a little green "power on" triangle in the lower right corner of its icon appears.
- e2g
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
eco2geek
But don't forget, you have to mount the partition first! (Same method - right-click on it, select "mount" from the context menu.) You can tell a partition is mounted when a little green "power on" triangle in the lower right corner of its icon appears.
- e2g
That's certainly true. I just assumed he had already clicked on the icon and that the drive had been automatically mounted: bad assumption though.
-
Thank You All!
Thanks for the tips!
BTW: I have the green "power-on" signal showing the partition is mounted. I just wanted to enable writing.
Thanks again!
-
hd write (fat32)
I have the 2003-06-06 release and my hd has two fat32 partitions (hda1 and hda5).
I can mount and read them without any problem, but when I switch to read-write the hda5 partition I can write and see the written files on the hd until I boot, but afterwards they are gone both under winxp and knoppix.
Also the knoppix home image I put on hda1 was read several time but the last time was identified as corrupted file by winxp scandisk at boot time.
Any suggestions?
thank you
bye
matteo
-
I havent tried Knoppix ( just DLing ) but in other distributions you have to edit /etc/fstab file.For more information try man fstab.
-
Junior Member
registered user
will i be able to access the files writing on my harddrive, when i am not using knoppix(files like jpegs, openoffice files, etc)?
Similar Threads
-
By Mr_White in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 01:26 AM
-
By francy222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By JamesNU in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By conor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 | i5-10310U | 16GB RAM | NO DRIVE | NO OS | 89% BATT
$140.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99