-
Junior Member
registered user
2.1gb enough for hdinstall?
Hello, I want to format my laptop which has no floppy or cdrom drive and install knoppix, ala hdinstall script.
I only have a 2.1gb, 100mb swap, and 720mb KNOPPIXCD partition.
What I'm trying to figure out before I wipe off my Win98 (currently on the 2.1gb) and lock into linux that I can successfully pull this off.
Will knoppix-install allow me to install with only 2.1 gb free?
I have been booting knoppix with loadlin (see end of Docs>hdBasedHowTo for description) and it works well, if a bit slow between the hd swap and hd-based-instead-of-cdrom source image (only 96mb ram and pentium 233)
The reason i'm moving from windows is that my wifi card's drivers for Win98 are abbhorant and freeze or BSOD the system unacceptably often.
Similar Threads
-
By ivansv in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 02:41 PM
-
By Abehome in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:20 AM
-
By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 05:50 AM
-
By Ambrose in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 01:34 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules
$8499.99