Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless Support on Knoppix

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    Wireless Support on Knoppix

    I don't understand how, but my Linksys WUSB11 version 2.6 works with knoppix. It wasn't recognized the first time. But now it is! This card is not supported by wlan-ng or Red Hat 8 or 9. Could someone please tell me where the driver came from?

    P.S. Thanks to whoever made this, I've been stuck with M$ for so long I thought I was gonna go crazy!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Wireless Support on Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by andymadigan
    I don't understand how, but my Linksys WUSB11 version 2.6 works with knoppix. It wasn't recognized the first time. But now it is! This card is not supported by wlan-ng or Red Hat 8 or 9. Could someone please tell me where the driver came from?

    P.S. Thanks to whoever made this, I've been stuck with M$ for so long I thought I was gonna go crazy!
    To see what driver it's using issue this command from a shell: lsmod

    You should be able to find your wireless driver in the list.

    Probably prism2 or orinoco.

Similar Threads

  1. best wireless support.
    By pureone in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
  2. Does the wireless stuff in Knoppix support WPA?
    By Tsumeone in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 07:28 PM
  3. wireless card support
    By repwatuso in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. IBM R50p wireless support
    By Sparticat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 04:57 AM
  5. Prism2 Wireless Support
    By opel70 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2003, 05:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read picture

Vintage Commodore AMIGA 1000 Computer, Turns On, Read

$699.95



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



AMIGA Commodore A1200 picture

AMIGA Commodore A1200

$999.99



Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$49.99



Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested picture

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested

$285.00



Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000 picture

Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000

$599.99



NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga picture

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga

$170.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00