-
English Ispell and Emacs
I recommended Knoppix to a friend who wants to edit LaTex files with Emacs. She's a windows user. The problem is that we can't get Ispell to spell-check in any language other than German. Emacs throws the error 'can not find american.hash' I've tried booting with the option 'knoppix lang=us' and I can only find a 'deutche.hash' file on the CD.
Can someone think of a work-around?
Thanks
- mark (in Sydney) and Lise (in France)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: English Ispell and Emacs
--I think you need to submit that one to Klaus...

Originally Posted by
m487396
I recommended Knoppix to a friend who wants to edit LaTex files with Emacs. She's a windows user. The problem is that we can't get Ispell to spell-check in any language other than German. Emacs throws the error 'can not find american.hash' I've tried booting with the option 'knoppix lang=us' and I can only find a 'deutche.hash' file on the CD.
Can someone think of a work-around?
Thanks
- mark (in Sydney) and Lise (in France)
Similar Threads
-
By linuxprince in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By ufodoug in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 04:52 AM
-
By aay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 11:30 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

HP ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus V2 2U Server 2x 2.5" 2x EPYC 7601 2.2GHz 2x M.2 1TB
$3500.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99