-
Cheap code syntax
Knoppix works great for me and I love it. The machine I use it on is a Dell Dimension 1.2 Ghz with Mitsumi CD-R drive as the boot drive. All hardware is addressed and works upon startup. I am trying to get the CD to NOT eject after shutting down Knoppix. Even with the "noeject" code at startup, it still ejects. Do I have the right syntax? At the startup prompt, I'm typing: Knoppix noeject floppyconfig. I'm using the 01/01/03 release.
Thanks
-
Cheat Codes
I meant 'cheat codes' not 'cheap codes'. Must be getting old....
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Cheap code syntax
--WHY do you not want the CD to eject?
--Also, you can copy the knoppix file to your HD and have it run from there...

Originally Posted by
boehmb
Knoppix works great for me and I love it. The machine I use it on is a Dell Dimension 1.2 Ghz with Mitsumi CD-R drive as the boot drive. All hardware is addressed and works upon startup. I am trying to get the CD to NOT eject after shutting down Knoppix. Even with the "noeject" code at startup, it still ejects. Do I have the right syntax? At the startup prompt, I'm typing: Knoppix noeject floppyconfig. I'm using the 01/01/03 release.
Thanks
-
CD eject
It's not imperative that the CD not eject. I was more interested in getting the cheat code to work. Can I copy the configuration files (now on floppy) to the hard drive? My C: drive is FAT32 with Win98SE on it. The D: drive is FAT32 with just files and about 9 BG free. I am running a Knoppix swap file on the C: drive now, but boot from CD.
Thank you
Similar Threads
-
By ramesh in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 02:41 PM
-
By ghostdancer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
-
By windos_no_thanks in forum The Lounge
Replies: 34
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:28 AM
-
By sminotti in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 04:21 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A)
$100.00

Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON
$119.89

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage Mac Publisher Pro PC Software W/ Box
$49.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Vintage Software - Apple Macintosh System 7 & Laser Writer Floppy Disks Classic
$99.00

New Sealed Vintage 1994 Computer Software - SmartVoice Macintosh Bonus Pack
$125.00

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Original 1998 Apple PowerBook G3 Fold-Out Promo Brochure Poster Vintage Mac
$31.00