Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cheap code syntax

  1. #1
    boehmb
    Guest

    Cheap code syntax

    Knoppix works great for me and I love it. The machine I use it on is a Dell Dimension 1.2 Ghz with Mitsumi CD-R drive as the boot drive. All hardware is addressed and works upon startup. I am trying to get the CD to NOT eject after shutting down Knoppix. Even with the "noeject" code at startup, it still ejects. Do I have the right syntax? At the startup prompt, I'm typing: Knoppix noeject floppyconfig. I'm using the 01/01/03 release.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    boehmb
    Guest

    Cheat Codes

    I meant 'cheat codes' not 'cheap codes'. Must be getting old....

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Cheap code syntax

    --WHY do you not want the CD to eject?

    --Also, you can copy the knoppix file to your HD and have it run from there...

    Quote Originally Posted by boehmb
    Knoppix works great for me and I love it. The machine I use it on is a Dell Dimension 1.2 Ghz with Mitsumi CD-R drive as the boot drive. All hardware is addressed and works upon startup. I am trying to get the CD to NOT eject after shutting down Knoppix. Even with the "noeject" code at startup, it still ejects. Do I have the right syntax? At the startup prompt, I'm typing: Knoppix noeject floppyconfig. I'm using the 01/01/03 release.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    boehmb
    Guest

    CD eject

    It's not imperative that the CD not eject. I was more interested in getting the cheat code to work. Can I copy the configuration files (now on floppy) to the hard drive? My C: drive is FAT32 with Win98SE on it. The D: drive is FAT32 with just files and about 9 BG free. I am running a Knoppix swap file on the C: drive now, but boot from CD.

    Thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Configuring Syntax USB-400 wireless lan adapter
    By ramesh in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 02:41 PM
  2. error code pls help
    By ghostdancer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
  3. Leaked M$ code
    By windos_no_thanks in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:28 AM
  4. ifconfig or netcardconfig dhcp syntax
    By sminotti in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 04:21 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



KINGSPEC 512Gb Sata III SSD 2.5

KINGSPEC 512Gb Sata III SSD 2.5" + WIN 11 PRIORITY

$126.32



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



6 SSD's For Laptops picture

6 SSD's For Laptops

$181.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00