Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where to look for, for a list of pagkages in Knoppix 7.2.0 when the link doesnt work?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Where to look for, for a list of pagkages in Knoppix 7.2.0 when the link doesnt work?

    Good morning, dear members.
    I can no longer find the list of files on the Knoppix 7.2.0 DVD accessible from: -> DVD (~3500 software packages, over 9GB uncompressed, cloop-compressed to 4GB)
    The link: http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knopp...-l-dvd-720.txt
    I am getting a 404 error.
    It is unfortunate that i didn't write a DVD from the ISO image. I had deleted the image long back.
    Unfortunately, there was a package that could be used to resize pdf page sizes on pdf documents themselves. Delete unwanted/useless pages within the file. Also, minor corrections within the documents. It was not scribus. Not LibreOffice draw. It was something else. But I forgot the name. I miss that nifty tool dearly from time to time.
    If I could have a look at the list of packages may be I could remember and install the package once again.
    Could i be helped in this regards please?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
    Good morning, dear members.
    I can no longer find the list of files on the Knoppix 7.2.0 DVD accessible from: -> DVD (~3500 software packages, over 9GB uncompressed, cloop-compressed to 4GB)
    The link: http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knopp...-l-dvd-720.txt
    I am getting a 404 error.
    It is unfortunate that i didn't write a DVD from the ISO image. I had deleted the image long back.
    Unfortunately, there was a package that could be used to resize pdf page sizes on pdf documents themselves. Delete unwanted/useless pages within the file. Also, minor corrections within the documents. It was not scribus. Not LibreOffice draw. It was something else. But I forgot the name. I miss that nifty tool dearly from time to time.
    If I could have a look at the list of packages may be I could remember and install the package once again.
    Could i be helped in this regards please?
    Did you find a copy? I might have a DVD burned of it.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50
    Yes, I have a DVD of 7.2.0 EN

    There is a package list on Distrowatch
    https://distrowatch.com/table.php?di...=7.2.0#pkglist
    Last edited by thriftee; 03-05-2021 at 09:26 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Thank you for replying to my query

    Quote Originally Posted by thriftee View Post
    Yes, I have a DVD of 7.2.0 EN

    There is a package list on Distrowatch
    https://distrowatch.com/table.php?di...=7.2.0#pkglist
    Ah, thank you! I thought I would never receive a reply to my query. For your kind information (though you may not need it, but other users might be interested) the Knoppix 7.2.0 had a PDF editing package that is no longer available. Now pdf editing is handled directly by libre office draw, which has improved over the years. That package was better to edit page size and minor editing. Since I used the tool irregularly, the name dropped out of my awareness horizon.It was accessible from within the cluster StartMenu/office/
    Knoppix forums have become so silent over the years, particularly, when Mr. Schultz is no longer available. So thank you once more.
    Last edited by rajibando; 03-06-2021 at 03:07 AM. Reason: minor

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50
    Glad I could help. I suggest you say what package and version of it that you are looking for. If it was me, I would try to find the source code and get the tools needed to compile it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Perhaps because of your time crunch you overlooked details included in my post

    Quote Originally Posted by thriftee View Post
    ... I suggest you say what package and version of it that you are looking for ...
    I forgot the package name, which resulted in my present desperation. I used the package but not frequently. The name simply dropped out of my mind. It was a Qt-frontend. But you have helped enough already. It is unfortunate that I have a helper more than willing to provide support, but can't utilise his support offer. Really unfortunate for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by thriftee View Post
    Glad I could help ... If it was me, I would try to find the source code and get the tools needed to compile it.
    I fully appreciate, but issues such as these remind me that i am only an idiotic human, whose rationality is only a very thin veneer, however much i may wish to come across as a rational being.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50
    You might look at a package called Scribus. It might not be included in many distros, but its easy to add it. They have an appimage available, too, which probably would run on many distros.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Unfortunately, it isn't ... but we shall surely identify the package, with ur help ..

    Thank you, Thrifty, for replying to my thread in order to help me. I would like to quote my first post on this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
    ...Unfortunately, there was a package that could be used to resize pdf page sizes on pdf documents themselves. Delete unwanted/useless pages within the file. Also, minor corrections within the documents.
    And I had added further that:
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibando View Post
    ...It was not scribus. Not LibreOffice draw. It was something else. But I forgot the name. I miss that nifty tool dearly from time to time. If I could have a look at the list of packages may be I could remember and install the package once again.
    So I was not looking for Libre Office Draw or Scribus. I am going through the package list you had posted earlier, up and down. I shall surely find the package. In the meanwhile it would be nice if I received a reply. But my admiration for your support continues ...
    Last edited by rajibando; 03-06-2021 at 07:14 PM. Reason: minor typo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00