I now have a Knoppix hd installation which I have tweaked to my liking. I installed and uninstalled software,changed the looks,etc.
What should I do in order to make a knoppix live cd from my hd installation?
I now have a Knoppix hd installation which I have tweaked to my liking. I installed and uninstalled software,changed the looks,etc.
What should I do in order to make a knoppix live cd from my hd installation?
mkisofs that partition then compressloop the iso file
for more info read remastering and/or morphix forum
old posts are quite good
I do have an idea since I already have done successful remasters before. What I want to know are:Originally Posted by wangji
1. how to make a new boot.img file(see related post).
2.should I transfer the whole root partition for remasterring and making iso?
3.if so what is the maximum size of the partition in order to woirk as a single cd iso?
sorry to be short.bongski55 wrote
1. how to make a new boot.img file(see related post).
2.should I transfer the whole root partition for remasterring and making iso?
3.if so what is the maximum size of the partition in order to woirk as a single cd iso?
mount -o loop boot.img /your_mount_point ;look at syslinux.cfg
modify add what you like to modify it/
Once you have a partition working as you like,my simplest way is to boot
from a cd_knoppix into textmode then make iso of your partition,then compress.This way you don't have to transfer anywhere (save disk space).
You don't have to care about the partition size,since it only "iso" the
stored file structure,not the empty space of the partition..Just care about at the end to have final iso below 725Mb for 700Mb_cd
hope it helps[/quote]
It is not that simple. You have to put in the new vmlinuz file and a modified miniroot.gz.sorry to be short.
mount -o loop boot.img /your_mount_point ;look at syslinux.cfg
modify add what you like to modify it/
The miniroot is the most difficult part.
help me how to remove the error for mkisofsOriginally Posted by bongski55
"out of memory:killed process 1173
terminated"
Is there a simple way to do this, some step-by-step HOWTO somewhere?
I can't find it anywhere....
TIA,

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y
$55.95