I have a newly installed Knoppix/Debian (on HD) and I made an apt update/upgrade via network.
When I booted the pc for the next time, I couldn't reach any any IP outside my network anymore - this is probably because there is no route:
#route shows:
192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
My DSL-Router is 192.168.1.1 and I can ping it without any problem and also the other pc in the network.
But when I try (after: ifconfig eth0 down - and also up - I tried both)
route add default gw 192.168.1.1
I always get the message:
network is unreachable
The same message appears already during boot process.
Has anybody any hint what the problem is?
I would be really, really glad!![]()

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99