Loper,
Live365.com is also a good source for mp3 streams. You have to join (it's free), but then you can save your favorite stations and just log in and listen to them.
Hope there are some stream you like![]()
Since RealPlayer, QuickTime, and Windows Media Player streams won't play in the default Knoppix setup (no players), I went looking for something that WOULD play. I LOVE the fact that Knoppix works so well -- and so easily -- with my SBC DSL!
I started with the heavy hitter, which is Virgin Radio London, a rock station:
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/index.html
Streaming MP3 -- good content, excellent audio quality. It even recognized that I was running Linux. Cool! But I wanted a little more choice. Then I remembered:
http://www.WinAmp.com
which has support for SHOUTcast streaming MP3 technology. It, too, works GREAT with XMMS -- and has nearly as much variety as Spinner, with no ads on most streams. Classical, jazz, rock, reggae, electronic -- it's all there. Many streams have multiple bandwidth choices, from 28.8 kbps right up to cable/T1. It's about the middle of the home page.
Just thought I would share... By the way, does anyone have other suggestions for MP3 streams?
Loper,
Live365.com is also a good source for mp3 streams. You have to join (it's free), but then you can save your favorite stations and just log in and listen to them.
Hope there are some stream you like![]()
yes, any shoutcase or icecast streams will work with XMMS. u can find these all over the place, and most of them are pretty good.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00