-
Junior Member
registered user
toram and tohd worked great!! A few more questions??
I downloaded the 9-5-2003 version and both the toram and tohd=hda1 worked great on my home machines. I made an ISO image of the Knoppix boot CD and tried to make a bootable DVD, with no luck. I used Nero 5 to make the iso and then burn the DVD. Has anyone successfully created a Knoppix bootable DVD using the CD ISO image? If so please elaborate. Since my DVD ROM reads at 16X the DVD should perform better than a CD in a CDROM. Also, what will happen if I mistakenly select the boot option "tohd=hda1" on a system that only has NTFS partitions? Hopefully the Knoppix boot CD is smart enough to not mount or write to an NTFS partition. IE.. If I used boot option "hd=hda1" it would fail if a FAT16, FAT32 or linux partitions were not available.
The toram option is way cool, much faster that running from the CDROM. Of course the CDROM load into memory takes about 5 minutes. A bootable DVD ROM should reduce the load time to ram.
Thank Much
Ron
-
Junior Member
registered user
Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Lex
Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
It works together in the Version 2003-09-22 and later.
Ron: Boot with the dma cheat code it is turned off that should speed the loading from the CD.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: toram and tohd worked great!! A few more questions??
--I thnk you have an interesting idea, don't know if it's possible (ISO to DVD = bootable.) Googled a bit and found this, lemme know if it helps.
http://www.softlandmark.com/DVDRWriting2.htm
--You may have to do something like using the ISO and the boot.img file together to make the DVD bootable, I dunno.

Originally Posted by
rrolsbe
I downloaded the 9-5-2003 version and both the toram and tohd=hda1 worked great on my home machines. I made an ISO image of the Knoppix boot CD and tried to make a bootable DVD, with no luck. I used Nero 5 to make the iso and then burn the DVD. Has anyone successfully created a Knoppix bootable DVD using the CD ISO image? If so please elaborate. Since my DVD ROM reads at 16X the DVD should perform better than a CD in a CDROM. Also, what will happen if I mistakenly select the boot option "tohd=hda1" on a system that only has NTFS partitions? Hopefully the Knoppix boot CD is smart enough to not mount or write to an NTFS partition. IE.. If I used boot option "hd=hda1" it would fail if a FAT16, FAT32 or linux partitions were not available.
The toram option is way cool, much faster that running from the CDROM. Of course the CDROM load into memory takes about 5 minutes. A bootable DVD ROM should reduce the load time to ram.
Thank Much
Ron
Similar Threads
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By Domhnull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:46 PM
-
By The Fader in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:38 AM
-
By jbrush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$49.99

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0618-A Original Box Japan AUX Gray
$14.95