Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: toram and tohd worked great!! A few more questions??

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10

    toram and tohd worked great!! A few more questions??

    I downloaded the 9-5-2003 version and both the toram and tohd=hda1 worked great on my home machines. I made an ISO image of the Knoppix boot CD and tried to make a bootable DVD, with no luck. I used Nero 5 to make the iso and then burn the DVD. Has anyone successfully created a Knoppix bootable DVD using the CD ISO image? If so please elaborate. Since my DVD ROM reads at 16X the DVD should perform better than a CD in a CDROM. Also, what will happen if I mistakenly select the boot option "tohd=hda1" on a system that only has NTFS partitions? Hopefully the Knoppix boot CD is smart enough to not mount or write to an NTFS partition. IE.. If I used boot option "hd=hda1" it would fail if a FAT16, FAT32 or linux partitions were not available.

    The toram option is way cool, much faster that running from the CDROM. Of course the CDROM load into memory takes about 5 minutes. A bootable DVD ROM should reduce the load time to ram.

    Thank Much
    Ron

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    12
    Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
    It works together in the Version 2003-09-22 and later.

    Ron: Boot with the dma cheat code it is turned off that should speed the loading from the CD.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: toram and tohd worked great!! A few more questions??

    --I thnk you have an interesting idea, don't know if it's possible (ISO to DVD = bootable.) Googled a bit and found this, lemme know if it helps.

    http://www.softlandmark.com/DVDRWriting2.htm

    --You may have to do something like using the ISO and the boot.img file together to make the DVD bootable, I dunno.

    Quote Originally Posted by rrolsbe
    I downloaded the 9-5-2003 version and both the toram and tohd=hda1 worked great on my home machines. I made an ISO image of the Knoppix boot CD and tried to make a bootable DVD, with no luck. I used Nero 5 to make the iso and then burn the DVD. Has anyone successfully created a Knoppix bootable DVD using the CD ISO image? If so please elaborate. Since my DVD ROM reads at 16X the DVD should perform better than a CD in a CDROM. Also, what will happen if I mistakenly select the boot option "tohd=hda1" on a system that only has NTFS partitions? Hopefully the Knoppix boot CD is smart enough to not mount or write to an NTFS partition. IE.. If I used boot option "hd=hda1" it would fail if a FAT16, FAT32 or linux partitions were not available.

    The toram option is way cool, much faster that running from the CDROM. Of course the CDROM load into memory takes about 5 minutes. A bootable DVD ROM should reduce the load time to ram.

    Thank Much
    Ron

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:52 AM
  2. It worked!
    By Domhnull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:46 PM
  3. HDD instal: NOTHING WORKED!!!
    By The Fader in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:38 AM
  4. HDD Install great, Few general questions please?
    By jbrush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
  5. Would someone post the code for toram and tohd cheatcodes?
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$344.74



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI  32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included picture

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included

$8150.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch. picture

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.

$95.62