Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
I downloaded the 9-5-2003 version and both the toram and tohd=hda1 worked great on my home machines. I made an ISO image of the Knoppix boot CD and tried to make a bootable DVD, with no luck. I used Nero 5 to make the iso and then burn the DVD. Has anyone successfully created a Knoppix bootable DVD using the CD ISO image? If so please elaborate. Since my DVD ROM reads at 16X the DVD should perform better than a CD in a CDROM. Also, what will happen if I mistakenly select the boot option "tohd=hda1" on a system that only has NTFS partitions? Hopefully the Knoppix boot CD is smart enough to not mount or write to an NTFS partition. IE.. If I used boot option "hd=hda1" it would fail if a FAT16, FAT32 or linux partitions were not available.
The toram option is way cool, much faster that running from the CDROM. Of course the CDROM load into memory takes about 5 minutes. A bootable DVD ROM should reduce the load time to ram.
Thank Much
Ron
Have you already tried to use toram together with fromhd? That would load Knoppix fast too (I don't know whether it works).
It works together in the Version 2003-09-22 and later.Originally Posted by Lex
Ron: Boot with the dma cheat code it is turned off that should speed the loading from the CD.
--I thnk you have an interesting idea, don't know if it's possible (ISO to DVD = bootable.) Googled a bit and found this, lemme know if it helps.
http://www.softlandmark.com/DVDRWriting2.htm
--You may have to do something like using the ISO and the boot.img file together to make the DVD bootable, I dunno.
Originally Posted by rrolsbe

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99