You are correct in your assumption you need XFree 4.3 to use the cursor themes.Originally Posted by update_us
well i did a quick search on here and didn't see anything about my minor problem, so i figure i'd post it.
I am new to debian, but i have ran slackware for quite a while. I installed knoppix straight off the cd using the knx-hdinstall and have did a few preferential tweaks.
I took this time to add a second monitor and video card (Number 9 Imagine 128, 4 meg; it does 10x7 at 16bit maximum). So i am now running xinerama with it and a newer monitor and card (nvidia 64 meg). Up until the xinerama adventure, X came up with the very nice looking whiteglass cursors (the white ones that are semi transparent). Now it does not. Now X comes up with this other cursor set; black semi-triangular one, almost looks like a slanted A (perhaps the core cursors set?)
I have checked and i still have whiteglass installed. In /etc/alternatives/x-cursor-theme is still set to whiteglass.
Note though, I had to downgrade from X 4.3 to X 4.2.1 because Xinerama wouldn't work otherwise (something to do with a bug). Perhaps 4.2.1 doesn't know what to do with whiteglass???
So, anyone got a clue as to what might have happened? I'll post more details if necessary.
You are correct in your assumption you need XFree 4.3 to use the cursor themes.Originally Posted by update_us
oh nuts... its a shame. well thanks for the quick reply!

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 14" 32GB 512GB, BLACK
$432.00